More Day 1 observations:
- The Rams got their next Pace, the Jets got their next Namath. and the Browns got their next....Jeff Faine? Seriously? Is this the most inept franchise in sports? Lets trade the rights to a franchise QB for the chance to pick a center?
- A Tale of 2 picks: I grade the Bungles an F on Round 1 and an A++ on Round 2. Not disputing Andre Smith's talent. But do they really need more "character issue" guys? Rey Maualuga, however, will end up being a steal in round 2.
- Speaking of steals, the Cards got the best value in the draft. 2 5 teams or so will be gnashing their teeth when he becomes a reasonable facsimle of Eddie George.
- Finally the Steelers draft Ziggy Hood. I confess that I know nothing about him, but he has far and away the coolest name in the draft. Oh, he will also probably make 10 Pro Bowls. Have you looked at Pittsburghs draft record in recent years? More on this later....

No comments:
Post a Comment